This Dragon Ball movie might be less concerning than Bunheads, but it was somehow more offensive and confusing on so many levels.
For once, there was more fighting in Gilmore Girls than Dragon Ball, and Goku had more emotional intelligence than any of the men of Gilmore Girls. We don’t know what’s happening either.
Zach reaches new lows, Paige gives up on a Dragon Ball plot before it even starts, and we’re still not sure Gilmore Girls knows the difference between a carnival and a Ren Fair.
After Gilmore Girls, Amy Sherman-Palladino teamed up with Kelly Bishop (Emily Gilmore) and Broadway’s Sutton Foster to make a show about *checks notes* a man stalking a woman, taking advantage of her hitting rock bottom and lying to her to get her to marry him, his subsequent death and little girls learning ballet.
It was a packed hour.
Rachel from the Geek By Night and the TMNT Minute podcasts joins us just in time to watch the Gilmore girls reuninted, a dragon wish get wasted, and Gilmore Girls finally deciding a secret love child is the best twist they’ve got.
Rachel Gatlin’s twitter: https://twitter.com/pixelilly_
TMNT Minute (Rachel talking about Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles, one minute at a time) – http://www.duelinggenre.com/category/podcasts/movies-by-minute/tmnt-minute/
Geek by Night (An original superhero audio drama with Rachel)- http://www.duelinggenre.com/category/podcasts/geekbynight/
I WAS PROMISED PIRATES, BUT ALL I GOT WAS BOJACK UNBOUND
Logan is even worse than usual, the B-list Dragon Ball characters show promise but are under-utilized again, so we gave up and temporarily made this a Gravity Falls podcast. But hey, at least Jess is taking care of himself.
Gohan and Rory Fund: https://gilmoreballz.wordpress.com/gohan-and-rorys-bookclub-fund/
- Black Lives Matter https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/#donate
- Room to Read roomtoread.org
- COVID-19 relief funds https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=7779#group-470
- Hispanic Federation https://hispanicfederation.org/
- Did You Have To? https://butwhythopodcast.com/category/did-you-have-to/
- So Here’s What Happened https://butwhythopodcast.com/category/so-heres-what-happened/
- Into The Spidercast https://butwhythopodcast.com/category/into-the-spider-cast/
- It’s Been a Minute https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510317/its-been-a-minute-with-sam-sanders
- The Nod https://gimletmedia.com/shows/the-nod
- Code Switch https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510312/codeswitch
- Uncivil https://gimletmedia.com/shows/uncivil
- 1619 https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/podcasts/1619-podcast.html
- Levar Burton Reads http://www.levarburtonpodcast.com/
Paige and Grant can’t agree on if this episode undoes the impact of Vegeta’s sacrifice, they can’t make up their minds on if they loved or hated this episode of Gilmore Girls, and Paige gets on a Purity Culture soap box.
Lauren Graham as a military officer? North Korean spies getting taken down by a duck? Dancing Nazis? (Okay, that last one’s pretty normal for the Sound of Music.) Our brains got a little scrambled when we watched Vin Diesels’ The Pacifier.